Add to Calendar
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA): An Introduction by its Author and Leading Technologists
In this webinar, you will learn:
- What the key provisions of the law mean to you and your customers:
- “Right to Know”
- “Right to Say No”
- “Right to Have Data Kept Safe”
- How existing and forthcoming technologies make it possible to achieve the intent of the CCPA
- How to build a data privacy culture within your enterprise
Alastair Mactaggart, Chairman, Californians for Consumer Privacy
Justin Antonipillai, Privacy Expert & CEO, WireWheel
John Ackerly, Security Expert & CEO, Virtru
Jocelyn Aqua, Principal, Regulatory Privacy & Cybersecurity, PwC
- In celebration of Data Privacy Day, “an international effort to empower individuals and businesses to respect privacy, safeguard data and enable trust,” please join us in a webinar where we will discuss the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), a landmark piece of legislation designed to increase consumer rights over personal information, establish that privacy is a human right, and set the minimum bar for national privacy regulations.
- This will be the first in a series of webinars to help educate consumers and businesses about the CCPA, how to get ready for it, and to understand that the CCPA will ultimately protect a fundamental human right, while still enabling and promoting innovation and the growth of small and medium-sized businesses and large enterprises.
- The CCPA is set to go into effect on January 1, 2020 and will help people regain ownership and control over their personal information while helping businesses establish trust by ensuring they safeguard people’s personal information.
- Alastair Mactaggart, the Californians for Consumer Privacy Chairman and a force behind the CCPA, along with Justin Antonipillai, the founder and CEO of WireWheel, and John Ackerly, the founder and CEO of Virtru, will discuss the key sections of the CCPA and how technologies, like those developed by WireWheel and Virtru, are making it possible for the CCPA to fully achieve its vision and goals.